Monday 1 April 2013

Day Twelve - 14% Bank Holiday Juggling

Our first and last bank holiday Monday! We also had one backer too!

There was no way that I was going to get any rest today. My better half was sick [poor baby], I had a photo puppet film to create, emails to answer, tweets to re-tweet and projects to research. Oh and help my very good friend to complete our website. So here's what I got up to, in detail:

  1. I built a 30 second Star Wars spoof in PhotoPuppet on my iPad JUST so I could impress the creators of one of my favourite Kickstarter projects; Crowd Funding Alliance X-Wing Squadron. With my master piece I was hoping to get a bit of late promotion for my campaign... unfortunately I am still waiting to hear from them. This is not news to me though. Most of my Kickstarter experience so far has been thinking up creative ways to make contact with people and never hearing back from them. 
  2. I also managed to contact two of my really nice connections via LinkedIn to tell them all about what it was I was doing. It was met with a mixed response. They love me, but don't like what Kickstarter is doing. Bit late for that, but I had a fantastic chat with them anyway. Always good to catch up with friends.
  3. Whilst on LinkedIn I also managed to finally give a friend a well deserved recommendation in the hope that he would spread the word about HappiJar as a favour. Let's just say we'll check back on that one at a later date ;)
  4. One of my best friends uploaded our website and we are now represented using our domain www.happijar.com! This is fantastic and major kudos to him for helping me :) Please check it out.
  5. Finally made the decision to research and draw up budget costings for some more physical rewards to balance out the digital ones. I finally relented after yet another request for me to consider it. So far I have approached a local t-shirt company to help us design and draw up a plan. More on that soon.
  6. Local business social group have written a new article about our project in their blog. Apparently it will be published tomorrow - so we got that to look forward to :)
  7. I spent 3 hours combing Kickstarter projects for possible collaborators... more about that soon - but one find was quite exciting. Think HappiButtons with not only limited edition artwork, but sound clips attached too!

Lessons Learned:

  1. Grow a very thick skin. Preferrably one with many additional arms and heads. You'll want a built in computer monitor too and smart phone recessed into your chest.This is what a successful Kicksterter probably looks like.....
  2. Keep surfing Kickstarter. If you don't find any help you may atleast get inspired by someone elses pitch enough to make yours stronger too. 
Busy, busy. Keep sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Pitch!